Lip fillers Exeter
For fuller, richer and beautiful lips. Lip augmentation is a method used to restore a plump appearance to aging lips. Like many parts of the body, lips lose their smooth, full appearance as we get older. Natural substances in our bodies decrease with age, causing our skin to sag, dry, wrinkle, and crease. The lips are no exception, but they can be especially bothersome because they are such a prominent feature on the face. There are treatments that allow you to restore the plump, youthful appearance of your lips, but none of them are permanent.
There are many types of dermal fillers that can be injected in your lips and around your mouth. But the most common fillers today are products that contain substances similar to hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in the body. It helps increase volume in your lips.
These types of dermal fillers are sometimes called “hyaluronic acid fillers.”
This type of filler is responsible for giving skin its smooth, full appearance, in youth but as we age, hyaluronic acid levels decrease. Injecting the gel into your lips restores that plump, full appearance.
Once injected, the gel in the filler supports and shapes the tissues of the lips.
The benefits of using hyaluronic acid fillers include:
- Control over lip volume. The amount of substance injected can be controlled, so the doctor has better control over how much lip volume is created.
- Gradual pace of treatment. The injections can be given gradually during different appointments until the desired results are achieved.
- Bumps dissolve easily. Any lumps and bumps created by movement of the lips can be dissolved easily.
- Less bruising. There may be less bruising and swelling compared to other dermal fillers.
- Reasonably lasting results. The results are reasonably long-lasting, but not permanent. The treatment tends to last at least six months.
This is great news for people who only want to undergo injection procedures twice a year or those with sensitivity to the injections. Side effects are mild, but some people experience redness and swelling. The less you have to deal with, the better.
Call us to make an appointment for lip filler on: 01392 690777